Welcome back to our bi-weekly nutrition blog. This week the Nutrikate team has shared a delicious recipe full of goodness for us to try out!! Check it out below.
With the weather taking a bit of a colder turn, we thought it would be nice to share one of our recipes with you that will help to keep you warm! Enjoy!
The NutriKate Chicken Curry
This is one of our favourites. We hope you enjoy it too! The below recipe will make 5 servings so it’s a nice one for the family or one that will cover some lunches/ dinners for you for the week.
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500g chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 5g ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30g mild curry powder
- 40g raisins
- Olive oil for pan (about a capful)
- Slice the chicken into chunks, add some olive oil to a large pot and on a medium heat cook the chicken until it is all completely white/golden brown
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the vegetables; peppers, carrots and onions and open the tins (carrots will need to be peeled before also)
- Add the vegetables, garlic, ginger, chickpeas, and tinned tomatoes to the pot with the chicken and give the mix a good stir
- Add the mild curry powder, raisins and stir again
- Increase the heat until the mix is bubbling and then reduce the heat so that it simmers, add the coconut milk here too and mix
- Allow the mix to simmer for ~25 mins, stirring occasionally
- While the mix is cooking, throw on the side you are going to have with the dish
Nutritional content per serving (without sides): 398kCals, 35g Pro, 10g Fat, 36g Carbohydrates
NK Tip: For a lighter option, serve the curry with some green vegetables. To increase the energy-density of the meal opt for rice or potatoes!
Have a great week!
As always, thank you for the read! We hope training is going great and this recipe serves you well!
The NutriKate Team.
Think we help you?
Is it time you got a handle on your nutrition once and for all? Think the NutriKate team might be able to help? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we can do for you!